Saturday, December 17, 2011

December 17 - Tica Wife

I sleep in today. At least I thought I slept in. The morning sun blasted me awake a little later than usual because of some early morning clouds. Only got 5 hours of rest but lately that seems to be the norm in my life. Shadow did his morning stretches and lumbered off to eat more grub. We have to fast him the day before he flies so he doesn't yak or shat all over the plane. Needless to say he's making up for it now. I'm starving because all the stores were closed last night as we drove in so I have nothing other  than and water in the refri. Back in the day, the former would have sufficed for a fulfilling breakfast, these days, not so much. So I drive down to Ventanas de OSA the hardware store to see if they have some replacement lamps for my landscape lighting. I have been fighting these things from the day I installed them. I have enough trouble keeping outdoor lights working in Dallas forget about lights down here where they get down poured on 9 months of the year ! My Tica wife Nancy is not there today ( Sarah will explain ) so I am painfully forced to find these lamps in Spanish first thing in the morning. As per the usual trip to Ventanas I am forced to order the lamps. " proxima miercoles... mas o menos " I am told. That translates roughly to "next Wednesday or whenever they might show up if you're lucky you might see the lamps one day but they will probably be the wrong ones anyways". I make a couple more errands that I can't talk about (surprises for Sarah) and finally to the Dome for an over priced hamburger and smoothie. I went across the highway to the equally over priced grocery store to pick up food for the refri and headed back home. After doing a few odds and ends around the house I decided to get my hammock time in on the deck. Now when Sarah is here hammock time for me is nearly impossible because she essentially lives on the hammock the entire time she is here. My acrobatic pooch FINALLY figures out how to jump onto the moving hammock with me and we did the unthinkable...
We took a nap!
If you know me at all , you know me and naps don't usually jive together but down here everything is different. We slept for 3 hours while a misty rain rolled in over the mountain tops and woke to the sounds of the night time inhabitants of this crazy jungle. They woke us up just in time to make a quick trip down to Robbie's French girl hang out hotel/restaurant for some Thai stir fry then back home to the deck to enjoy watching the bats swoop down to fill their bellies with those same bugs. Beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment