Friday, December 16, 2011

December 16 - What-a-Start



I decided I would try to write down a few things on this trip back to costa rica for no other reason other than to say I did so. I'm under the assumption  that most people probably don't care about anything I have to say anyways so I imagine besides my wife, no one will ever read these ramblings on about pretty much nothing. Today started off like most days, I woke up with a million and a half things to get done and only a half a million of time to get them done. I've been super busy the past year or so with no signs of letting up. I'm trying to take advantage of that because I know being super busy just ain't the norm for most companies these days. That being said, there's little or no time left in the day for enjoying life which makes trips down to costa rica absolutely necessary to maintain my sanity. So my plan for today was to run around town like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get as much accomplished before I had to leave as possible. It was all going as planned until a few minutes before we needed to head head to the airport I realized I hadn't had time to eat lunch nor breakfast. I texted Sarah to just grab me something, anything. We load up the Fj heading to the airport and right before biting into my lunch I make the realization that Sarah has bought me What-a-Burger! Well I don't know about you but we've come to endearingly call it What-a-Sh..!

No explanation needed here I hope other than the fact that airplane lavatories aren't the ideal place to spend extended periods of time during a flight. Well the gods were smiling down on me today, no missed flights and no down time spent in the airborne micro bathrooms whatsoever. Shadow made his dad so proud both during the flight and breezing thru customs and immigration receiving compliments from all who came in contact with him. Hopefully my human son will be so well behaved... Not likely if he grows up anything like me. We sign the docs for the truck rental and try to forget the wide eyed look of bewilderment we get from the rental guy after telling him where we are about to drive to. 3.5 hours in the pitch black darkness, on the most jacked up roads in the world with the craziest drivers in the world all around us. We make it to the South driving nonstop on a 5 hour energy, left over bottled water and some stale pretzels Sarah threw in my backpack.  10 hours after leaving my home in Big D we arrive at our new home in Costa Rica. It always takes a little time to sink in but I soon realize once again that I am truly blessed. I have my best friend at my side ( no he's not laying on the bed ) and I'm laying my head down to sleep in Paradise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment